Wastelands of Suburbia

A place where the cast-off ephemera of the last four generations comes to rest, and is discussed fondly....Like junk, or the injection-molded minutiae of history? Welcome home...Junkyards, yard sales, roadside oddities, thrift stores and more-your memories are deep inside the box, so keep shaking.

Monday, August 21, 2006

One-Dollar Toolbox!



A recent estate auction netted me this sweet Craftsman toolbox for a buck-I really shouldn't even say that-I got the toolbox, a set of metal car ramps, and a big bone saw for a buck (deer season approaches). It amazes me what people will and won't bid on. The deceased was a collector of these neo-Native American handicrafts and figures (horrid!), and people were snapping those up. They could barely give away the tools and other "good stuff". I have another find I'll be posting soon, hate to keep it a secret but it's worth the wait, trust me.

The toolbox is in the process of being sanded down for a coat of Hammerite paint and most likely Plasti-Dipping or painting of the handles and clasps. I'll post a photo when I get it done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home