Wastelands of Suburbia

A place where the cast-off ephemera of the last four generations comes to rest, and is discussed fondly....Like junk, or the injection-molded minutiae of history? Welcome home...Junkyards, yard sales, roadside oddities, thrift stores and more-your memories are deep inside the box, so keep shaking.

Sunday, September 02, 2007

PEDAL CAR JUNKYARD!!!!

Here's a pic straight out of dreams from my own pre-teenage years-it encompasses two of my favorite things at the time-pedal cars and junkyards! Junkyards, of course, are still one of my favorites. This image is by R. Ehlers, and is entitled "Take your Pick!" I located this on Ebay, and the seller is local to me.

I have heard a legend circulating around through the years of just such a place close by here-I have never been able to nail down the location, but it generally is told as being somewhere on the top of the Pennsylvania side of the Delaware Water Gap. I can imagine going there and filling up my pickup with cars, and turning them into a small fortune on Ebay and at places like Carlisle and the Macungie Awkschfest. I emailed the seller to see if there is any additional information about the photo and where it may have been taken.

Today I found my neighbor was throwing out a reproduction Texaco Fire Chief fire engine pedal car-it even has the front bell the driver can ring...My Mom has been searching endlessly for one of these babies to no avail, and I found one half a block away for FREE. Pictures to follow of my latest curbside find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home