Wastelands of Suburbia

A place where the cast-off ephemera of the last four generations comes to rest, and is discussed fondly....Like junk, or the injection-molded minutiae of history? Welcome home...Junkyards, yard sales, roadside oddities, thrift stores and more-your memories are deep inside the box, so keep shaking.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

Funky Flea Find...



I'm not sure what to make of this-I got it at the flea market today. The vendor dude only wanted five bucks for it, and my friend Tammy had come out for the day so I got a quick "you need that" from her which sealed the deal. As you can probably see by the difference in the two pics, it spins and changes patterns in a psychadelic way-since i loved all this crap as a kid (still seeking a reaaaallly nice disco ball, y'all!), it was an easy decision to make. Based on the plastic being a neon yellow I'd place manufacture in the early 90's. I've seen beer lights of this era use the optical method to simulate "water" in an outdoor Molson scene, etc. It has no real purpose I guess, other than to maybe use if I decide to get that online Hypnotherapy degree. I'm sure the 4:20 crowd would like it.

There is something vaguely Subgenius about it-like if I stare long enough, I may actually be able to see the damn Fnords...

1 Comments:

Blogger Crack la Rock said...

I just thru an orange one away 2 weeks ago. My sister sent my you'r blog and said we were aloke. She didnt even know about the orange/green swirley dealy thing conectin...good blog!

4:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home