Wastelands of Suburbia

A place where the cast-off ephemera of the last four generations comes to rest, and is discussed fondly....Like junk, or the injection-molded minutiae of history? Welcome home...Junkyards, yard sales, roadside oddities, thrift stores and more-your memories are deep inside the box, so keep shaking.

Friday, August 24, 2007

Hey yo, where dat Greta been at?


So, a summer of flea markets and a bad-ass bike has left me in neglect of some things-one is a timely update of this blog, and the other is my girl Greta-since spring she has languished in the drive, hemorrhaging diesel into the local water table from her bad injector pump seals. I am hoping to, nay, going to order some motor mounts THIS weekend, as I believe that will solve my problem of the fan clipping my new, lovgingly reinforced Nissens radiator.

In the big pile of Mercedes stuff I scored a beautiful Hirschmann antenna! There's just one problem: It looks nothing like the one that came out. The plugs are different, and this one is set up for a cellular phone as well. It will most likely be going up on Ebay, as I think I have found a more expedient solution to my antenna problems. More on that later.


Then there is the matter of this little guy. Meet Donnie, my new roommate. He is, as far as I can tell a purebred North American Craphound, that is to say, a Heinz 57 that may or may not include one or more of the following: Beagle, Treeing Walker Coonhound, Shepherd, Jack Russell Terrier and God Knows what else. He's pretty well trained already, I got him from my friend Karen, who supplied me with my new Harley in trade as well-she does rescue and has been looking for a home for him for a while. He had been known as "Danny" to her, but I modified it to "Donnie" after Steve Buscemi's character in "The Big Lebowski" He loves riding in the car, hates the Harley (barks incessantly at it when I start it up), and does not like to poo unless a twig is against his butt. He's the Howard Hughes of mutts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home