Wastelands of Suburbia

A place where the cast-off ephemera of the last four generations comes to rest, and is discussed fondly....Like junk, or the injection-molded minutiae of history? Welcome home...Junkyards, yard sales, roadside oddities, thrift stores and more-your memories are deep inside the box, so keep shaking.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Where Cool Things End Up, Volume I.

If you know me, you know this is the kind of stuff I live for. Found in the backyard of my girlfriend's uncle, a late 80s/early 90s Mustang billboard decoration, constructed from a fender, door skin and rear quarter, along with wheels, mounted to a steel frame behind. This most likely adorned some Ford dealer's billboard for a few months, before being removed and, somehow, ending up in Uncle Harvey's backyard. All my girlfriend said was it "must be one of the boys's"-meaning Uncle Harvey's grandsons. I don't ask questions like "what are they going to do with it?" because I don't like those questions asked of me, and no answer would suffice to the un-illuminated anyway. But someday, when someone asks me "where can I find a quarter slice of a vintage Mustang?" I'll have the answer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home