Wastelands of Suburbia

A place where the cast-off ephemera of the last four generations comes to rest, and is discussed fondly....Like junk, or the injection-molded minutiae of history? Welcome home...Junkyards, yard sales, roadside oddities, thrift stores and more-your memories are deep inside the box, so keep shaking.

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

I'm kind of a big deal now.

So I posted my first instructable on how to make a gun case from an old army duffel bag:



How To Make A Pretty Nice lined Gun Case From An Old Army Dufflebag and Blanket! - More DIY How To Projects


If you have never been to instructables, and you have even an inkling of creative, independent spirit, I strongly recommend it-there are hundreds of step-by-step sets of directions with photos on how to do everything from recipes to welding up a recumbent bike for yourself. I felt my instructable represented a demographic that was lacking-home-made tactical gear. I'm sure it pissed the vegan souffle' crowd off, but it was necessary to wrest the DIY movement away from the hippies and back to it's Hamm's swilling, garage-dwelling, black and white TV on in the background roots-if only for a moment.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just to let you know, I've got a site dedicated to DIY Tactical called, well, http://www.diytactical.com

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home